Top 5 ways to utilise Chamber membership in sport
Published 21st Jul 2014 by Events
It’s been an exciting summer of sport already and to celebrate further we’ve provided five ways for you to benefit from membership through all things sport.
- Chamber members Wakefield Wildcats are partners in the MY Network Wakefield event alongside the Chamber, Barclays, CIM, Copiserv, First Choice Recruitment, Ramsdens Solicitors LLP and Statement. The event is held every second Friday of the month and is an excellent platform for event partners and attendees to get their brand recognised at one of the leading go-to networking events in Wakefield.
- The Tour de France is not only one of the most exciting sporting activities to come to our region, it is estimated that more than £100m is set to be brought into the UK economy. We were keen to showcase our members involved in delivering the spectacular event, such as The Lazy Camper’s camping packages whom we helped promote through our news and social media platforms. We also sponsored the Huddersfield Criterium, an inaugural town centre race held the eve of the Grand Depart. And, we developed the MY Network partnership further through promotion and participation in MY Cycle, a 50-mile bike ride across mid Yorkshire prior to the Tour’s visit.
- We love to showcase our members and the Kirklees Business Conference is hosted by member and patron Kirklees Stadium Development Limited (KSDL) at The John Smith’s Stadium this October.
- We can often be seen participating in a number of sports activities for member charities such as Executive Director Andrew Choi’s brave zip slide down Wakefield Cathedral or team races and major series challenges which have seen surplus funds raised for Wakefield Hospice and Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice. Furthermore, we support Chamber member Huddersfield Town Football Club’s charity arm Huddersfield Town Foundation through their Early Kick-Off Breakfast Club.
- As it’s often been heard it’s who you know in business that counts. We hold and support a number of networking events to help local organisations to trade more locally. This includes sponsorship of the Wakefield Business Golf Society for business leaders to take to the golf course and do business over a friendly round.
For more ways to make sure that Chamber membership helps you get supported, connected and gives you a voice, contact the membership team and call 01924 311607. You can also follow @MidYorksChamber on Twitter.