Menu
No description available

Kirklees funding opportunities for energy

Published 11th Mar 2014 by Ellie MacDonald

Kirklees Council have highlighted a number of funding opportunities for local businesses who wish to invest in energy and renewable technologies

Kirklees Council have highlighted a number of funding opportunities for local businesses who wish to invest in energy and renewable technologies as listed below:

The Biorenewable Development Centre (BDC)  European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) project is able to support small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from Yorkshire and the Humber to develop their businesses through the use of biorenewable materials (such as wood, plant-matter, food waste, plant-based chemicals, paper, wool flock etc). If you are assessing a raw material, needing a new process to develop it, or looking for new bio-based products, this funding could help you. The BDC has two types of funding that may be of help: 

1.Funded business support is available to eligible SMEs for a range of projects to help develop innovative biorenewables-based products for your business. Each project is a minimum of two days of free support, which can be desk-based research or involve work in one of their labs. 

2.The Biorenewables Capital Grant Scheme (BCGS) is a great opportunity for eligible SMEs to buy key pieces of equipment to undertake an innovative proof of concept biorenewables-based project. Typical projects are at pilot scale, allowing an evaluation of the full scale commercial costs, and represent an innovative approach to working with biorenewable materials. If successful you will receive a 64% capital grant ranging from £12,800 to up to a maximum of £32,000. The other 36% of the cost must be matched with private funding from your company. 

The Greenstreams Project www.whiteroseforest.org.uk aims to promote and develop the River Colne as a recreational, cultural and environmental resource for the community. The project is keen to get businesses involved and for more details or to discuss the Greenstreams Project please contact: Jeff Keenlyside Mobile: 07813 880568; Office: 01484 533422 1.

The White Rose Forest Project www.whiteroseforest.org.uk is also looking to work with more businesses on their tree planting campaigns. White Rose Forest is made up of a number of organisations who, by working together, aim to plant and manage more woodlands to make our part of Yorkshire, greener and a healthier place for people and business. There are a number of ways to get involved, for example, the Trees for Yorkshire campaign aims to involve communities and local business to plant more trees in our part of Yorkshire to help with creating a healthier, more climate change resilient environment. If you would be interested in getting involved please contact Guy Thompson guy.thompson@kirklees.gov.uk or 07720 414356.


Comments

Make sure you fill in the required fields. No HTML or other code is allowed in the commenting field. Thanks for sharing your views with us.

Our Patrons