Understanding Exporting and Export Documentation (BCC accredited)
When? Wednesday 13th January 2021 09:30 - 14:30
This course is suitable for beginners who are new to their role or for those who are working in an Export environment but haven’t had any formal training. The course is worth 2 credits towards the foundation award in international trade.
During the course the delegate will see the end to end Export process and gain an understanding of the Export documentation requirements, also including knowledge on shipping using freight forwarders and couriers.
The day will include reviewing and discussing the process from enquiry to dispatch including:
- Receiving the enquiry – responsibilities and roles, Incoterms 2020, methods of payment and the risk ladder, Export controls and licence requirements
- Order acknowledgement / pro forma invoice
- Pre shipment inspections / packing
- Shipping documents to include invoices and packing lists – commodity codes, origin, preference documents, certificates of origin
- Move the goods – transport considerations, booking the shipment and freight forwarder responsibilities, contracts of carriage / transport documentation
- Proof of Export
- General good business practice
When the course is over, the learn will:
- Be aware of what a sales contract / purchase order is
- Have an awareness of compliance issues around exporting, the UK Tariff and its importance
- Understand the importance of embargoes and sanctions
- Learn which documents are necessary for an International shipment
- Understand the reasons for accurate documentation
- Learn about different modes of transport and understand the documentation required for each mode
- Understand where to go for sources of International information and assistance regarding documentary requirements
The cost for Members is £225.00 + VAT and for Non-Members its £295.00+ VAT.
To book a place, please download our Booking Form or contact our export team to discuss training.