A beginner’s practical guide to Export (non-BCC)
When? Thursday 12th March 2020 09:30 - 15:30
Where? Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce, 1st Floor, Unit 3, Pennine Business Park Longbow Close, Bradley Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
This unique course is suitable for beginners who are new to their role or exporters that have not had any formal training.
This is a practical session looking at the creation of a commercial invoice and understanding where the various elements of that invoice comes from.
The course will also provide those businesses currently only moving goods within the EU an opportunity to understand basic export processes and documentation requirements once the UK leaves the EU.
What will I learn?
- What is an Export and a despatch?
- Processing a shipment, a step by step guide
- What you need to know prior to sending any goods overseas
- What is the packing specification?
- Where are the goods going?
- When do they need to be there by?
- Who is paying for the carriage?
- How are they going to be shipped?
- How to request a quotation from a carrier or courier
- How to find out what documentation is required for the destination country
- Understanding trade agreements
- Why might I be asked for a certificate of origin
- Creation of Export Documentation
- How to create an invoice, a step by step guide to invoice detail and its significance
- The importance of a packing list
- Accurate and clear labelling
- Booking a shipment, what the carrier or courier needs to know including clearance instructions
- Managing the goods being collected and keeping the customer informed of progress
- How to deal with movements within the EU
- Understanding the need for proof of export / delivery
- The jargon explained
What is the Course Content?
- Export and Despatch Definition and the Process Flow
- Questions to ask Prior to Sending Goods Overseas
- Requesting a Shipment Quotation
- Export Documentation
- Creating an Invoice – Practical Session
- Packing Lists and Labels
- Booking and Managing the Shipment Collection
- Buyer / Customer Communication
- Movements within the EU
- Proof of Export / Delivery
- The Jargon Explained
This full day course will include a light lunch and refreshments.
Cost is £275+ VAT for members and £325 + VAT for non-members.
If you are interested in booking a place on this course, please download our booking form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our export team to discuss training.