No Registration fee 18th Edition Book Now!
VENUE: KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION: 4 Days including City & Guilds On-Line Exam
To familiarise those who have a sound working knowledge of electrical installations with the requirements of BS 7671 IEE 18th Edition requirements for electrical installations.
This is an up-grade course for electricians who need an understanding of the latest requirements of the regulations.
Included in the course fee is a two hour City and Guilds 2382 external multiple choice examination for the candidate.
On completion of the course, the delegates will be conversant with the layout of BS 7671 and its 7 parts and appendices. He/She will be able to size cables, conduits, trunking, and earth bonding conductors and have knowledge of the special requirements of part 6 (Special Locations).
• Introduction to BS 7671 including numbering system.
• Layout of parts and appendices.
• Bonding arrangements.
• Protection against direct and indirect contact.
• Earth loop impedance and disconnection times.
• Diversity and cable calculations.
• Introduction to the ‘On Site Guide’.
• Special locations.
• Testing and inspection.
• Scope, fundamental requirements for safety, definitions and assessment of general characteristics.
Delegates must have the following documents:
1. Requirements for electrical installations 18th Edition BS 7671:2018 (ISBN 978-1785611704)
2. IEE On Site Guide to BS 7671:2018 (ISBN 978-1785614422)