Import Procedures including Inward and Outward Processing
When? Tuesday 25th September 2018 09:30 - 16:30
Where? Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce, 1st Floor, Unit 3, Pennine Business Park, Longbow Close, Bradley Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
The BCC now has ten nationally accredited core courses. Together, these form an export curriculum that provides invaluable basic skills for small and large companies alike. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of the subject and their performance will be marked by external examiners on the completion of each module. Successful candidates will receive a certificate; completing six or more courses will result in the candidate achieving a nationally recognised Foundation Award in Exporting. These courses are suitable for both experienced exporters and those with no previous knowledge of exporting.
Module 1 - Import Procedures
The learner will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of import documentation and procedures.
- Produce the appropriate instruction sheet required to expedite the import.
- Describe import clearance documents.
- Be able to comply with customs procedures
- Be able to identify customs regimes and import controls
- Describe HMRC import regimes and penalties
- Describe tariffs and duty rate
- List record keeping requirements to comply with customs regulation
- Describe import clearance procedures and customs regimes as appropriate including temporary imports, IPR, OPR, bonded warehousing etc.
- Be able to identify where to go for sources of international information and assistance.
- Provide examples of where to go for help and advice.
Module 2 - Inward and Outward Processing
The learner will:
- Have an understanding of the advantages of claiming IPR or OPR
- Demonstrate their knowledge of Inward and outward processing and what the HMRC know these as.
- Have an understanding of the custom regimes and the 'Tariff'
- Explain what Commodity codes and Procedure Codes are and where to find them.
- Have an understanding of the documentation required to claim IPR and OPR
- Explain what SAD (C88) is and list 4 details which must be included.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of Inward processing authorisation, the criteria required and the responsibilities of such holders.
Individual full day courses cost £270 + VAT (members) / £310 + VAT (non members).
Courses are priced individually. A discount can be offered when booking 6 or more modules or booking 3 or more delegates on the same course.
This is a full day course. A lunch and light refreshments will be provided. Free parking is available at our premises.
Please download our Export Booking Form or contact our export team to discuss training.