Reports To: Export Supervisor
Location: Pennine Business Park, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (30 minutes for lunch per day)
Role: The International trade department oversees all customer Export documentation, trading needs and provides expert advice. As well as documentation, the team handle Export invoicing, maintain customer data and handle training courses. The applicant will be working as part of a team to provide member and non-member support, checking and certifying documentation and liaising with customers to fulfill their Export needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the rules and regulations of processing Export documentation, understand the operations of International trade and work towards attending a British Chamber of Commerce 2-day course in order to progress within the job role.
- Work towards completing the BCC course in order to certify a wide range of Export documentation including Customs documents and continue to gain further knowledge in International trade.
- Undertake a variety of administration duties including filing, mail opening, end of day post, logging data and checking information to ensure details are correct.
- Adapt to a busy office environment which includes dealing with customers face to face, answering telephone calls and responding to emails.
- Following a daily and weekly task list, with the potential change in scenario as other tasks arise.
- Being able to manage own daily tasks and adapt to any additional tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Learn how to process customer payments and gain further knowledge on accounts handling, with the intent to create invoices, debt chase and complete the Export departments daily invoicing.
- Update our CRM database with customer information as well as being GDPR compliant.
- Gain more knowledge to feel confident on discussing customers Export needs and advising them on documentation and International rules.
- Understand the variety of Chamber member benefits and be able to talk about membership with customers.
- Being able to work as part of a busy Export team, discussing documentation and making joint decisions, be aware of discussions regarding customer needs and requirements on a daily basis.
- Be able to handle deadlines, vast incoming information and the ability to complete tasks at an appropriate speed.
- A friendly and well-mannered individual with the ability to work in a busy office environment. Be able to handle changes to schedule and adapt to meet own workload deadlines.
- Be able to use own initiative, make own decisions as well as work within a close team and discuss scenarios that arise.
- The individual must be able to communicate well, have a pleasant telephone manner and have good written communication skills.
- Must show willing to learn new information and be able to make own notes to refer to.
- Must be well organised, with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to deadlines.
- The candidate should be enthusiastic and punctual and be able to work in a professional environment.
- Previous Export knowledge and knowledge on Sage 50, Microsoft word and Excel is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.