Reports To: Head of Commercial Services and Membership
Department: Membership, Marketing & Events Team
Location: Pennine Business Park, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
Salary: £20K - £22K
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (plus additional hours as and when required to attend networking and events)
Role: The Chamber’s mission is to drive growth among businesses of all sizes and sectors across the Halifax, Huddersfield and Wakefield districts by providing relevant and valuable support and benefits to members. The Membership Sales Coordinator will be responsible for increasing membership by identifying and contacting potential new members, implementing a sales funnel for follow up communications and registering new members on our system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Head of Commercial Services and Membership, identify potential new members – this will include warm leads (established through networking events, expressions of interest and lapsed members) and cold leads;
- Make first contact with potential new members, including by telephone, email and social media as appropriate – it is expected that you will contact twenty potential new members per day and that the majority of this contact will be by telephone;
- In conjunction with the Head of Commercial Services and Membership, implement a sales funnel procedure to ensure several stages of follow up of first contact with potential new members in order to successfully recruit new members;
- Complete new membership process; (back up)
- Send out new member tool kit;(back up)
- Schedule regular points of contact with new members for first 12 months of membership and maintain contact to ensure successful engagement with the Chamber;
- Prepare monthly renewal information for forwarding to the Finance Team
- Complete monthly Direct debit process for forwarding to the Finance team..
- Liaise with the Finance team.
- Experience in sales or telemarketing;
- Strong communications and public relations skills, coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Flexible and willing to take on additional roles and responsibilities and to support the wider team as and when required.
- Knowledge of chamber ethos or membership based organisations.