To supervise the general running of the Certification Services office - process export documentation and provide support on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce to member companies and customers.Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To process and control the completion of a range of export documentation for members and customers in line with the compliance procedures, accuracy levels and service delivery standards of the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) and other approved bodies.
2. To supervise the day to day running of the office effectively to ensure that the Huddersfield office is open for business and operationally effective. This includes telephone answering, taking appointments, mail opening and distribution and directing visitors to training and meeting rooms.
Similarly, to supervise a range of duties to bring an effective end to the working day of the Huddersfield office. These include mail despatch, courier collections, directing visitors to exits and completing general closedown activities.
3. To work and liaise with other Chambers and providers to offer a full seamless service; e.g. ATA Carnet, Letters of Credit and Translation Services.
4. To raise and despatch invoices to members and customers following service delivery. Monitor and manage accounts and carry out credit control procedures statements/calls.
5. To update the Chamber’s CRM (database) system and to accurately and promptly maintain all membership and customer records.
6. To liaise with external trainers/organisations in order to provide the BCC accredited training modules and any other appropriate help and support to members and customers; to organise rooms, take bookings and payment. To assess evaluation sheets to identify any further help and support required.
7.To liaise with the BCC and other approved bodies to arrange inspections/audits and follow up on any comments.
8.To supply monthly documentation facts and figures to the BCC. Also to provide the Chief Executive with net sales and documentation figures to present to the Board of Directors in order to monitor against budgets.
9. To be aware of the Chamber of Commerce’s overall goals and targets. To agree personal and team objectives and to take part in regular reviews of those objectives to identify any necessary job-related development. To take responsibility for personal and team development and to attend and contribute to any training courses as may be deemed appropriate.
10. To adopt a flexible working attitude towards additional roles and responsibilities
And undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the Chief Executive.
Good understanding of international trade and related certification procedures. Qualified by the BCC to undertake such duties and to process export documentation. Experienced in these areas.
Strong understanding of membership and customer service principles and practices underpinned by a successful track record in a business to business service environment.
Organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to deadlines.
Creative and outgoing with good verbal communication skills.
Accurate with good written communication skills.
Numerate with an appreciation of commercial realities and budget disciplines.
ICT literate and experienced in both data entry and data reporting via a client management system. Experienced in the full range of MS-Office applications and their use in a business service environment.
Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to work well with colleagues, members, customers and service providers.
To submit your application for this role, please send your CV and cover letter here.