Events & Sponsorship Coordinator
Salary: Up to £22,000 depending on experience
Full-time: 35 hours
We have an immediate requirement for an Events & Sponsorship Co-ordinatorto develop, co-ordinate and deliver a 12 month events calendar within Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield, which includes a range of events such as; networking events, training/information seminars, business forums, conferences, dinners and luncheons, whilst seeking and driving opportunities to generate income through sponsorship, attendance, and commercial activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, co-ordinate and deliver a 12 month events programme which includes monthly networking events (Connections Count), training events (60 Useful Minutes), Local Business Forums, annual social events and 2 conferences; Kirklees Business Conference and Wakefield Business Conference.
- Maximise income through sponsorship opportunities, attendance, and commercial activities.
- Produce event budgets and monitor costs.
- Identify and book locations for the events, liaise with location management, catering and other arrangements negotiating best rates at all times.
- Identifying, sourcing and liaising with suppliers, speakers, delegates and exhibitors.
- Work closely with the Membership team and Marketing Manager and contribute actively to decisions on marketing events.
- Compiling databases of likely interest, drafting and circulating emails, updating social media and telephoning individuals.
- Ensure website and Eventbrite booking system are up to date with event details.
- Set up and manage the delegate booking arrangements as appropriate for each event, up to and including sending out invoices.
- Compile and send out speaker and delegate information.
- Manage the event on the day, including setting up, instructing external contractors and internal staff.
- Event follow up, updating CRM and sending out post event evaluation.
- Demonstrable previous experience in event management and sales (2 years)
- Commercially minded to generate sponsorship.
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills for drafting and proof reading materials coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- Excellent organisational skills, particularly in managing time and tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meeting all deadlines as well as exceptional attention to detail.
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft programmes, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Technical awareness to set up PowerPoint and other simple AV systems.
- The confidence to liaise with speakers, the media and a diverse range of external contacts.
- A welcoming and helpful approach when dealing with members in person at events and over the telephone.
- Self-reliance, common sense, trust, integrity, and humour.
- Marketing experience and an understanding of the value of direct marketing in promoting events to members.
- Local business knowledge and network and be able to identify business opportunities.
- Full clean UK driving licence and own vehicle.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience, and would like to play a key role in a growing organisation, then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your covering letter explaining how you fit our requirements along with your CV to Rebecca Walker, by Friday 1st September.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to all applicants. If you have not heard from us by 8th September please assume you have not been shortlisted.