Our aim is to develop and realise the full potential of our employees at all levels and promote fairness and equality through empowerment.
People are at the heart of our business and our success depends upon their performance. We harness our employees' skills and knowledge to contribute to the success of the Mid Yorkshire business community; and as part of our culture recognise and reward their valuable contribution.
Membership Executive (Sales)
Salary: Up to £20,000 based on experience + performance related bonus + benefits
Location: Field based in Calderdale, Kirklees & Wakefield
Full-time: 35 hours
The Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce is a membership services company that exists to protect and develop the interests of business across Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. Part of the British Chambers of Commerce national network, we are here to connect, support and represent our members.
We have an immediate requirement for a Membership Executive (Sales) to be responsible for the recruitment of new members across Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and generate leads to increase new membership revenue.
- Achieving individual sales targets.
- Sell membership to businesses, outlining and demonstrating the benefits of membership.
- Identify and attend networking events to meet potential new members.
- To work as part of the team and work closely with the Membership Executive, Events & Sponsorship Executive and Marketing Manager to generate opportunities for new membership revenue and contribute to the achievement of the team's overall objectives.
- Maintain and develop the CRM system to support lead generation.
- Ensure KPI’s are achieved as outlined within Business Growth Plan.
- To promote Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce services and benefits in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Monitor and reporting of recruitment activities, making recommendations for process improvements and marketing campaigns.
- To support the Marketing Manager to ensure the marketing materials are current and liaise on any new products/materials which may be of use for the recruitment of members.
- To liaise and work with the Events & Sponsorship Executive with regards to recruitment events.
- Identify new business practices that could be introduced or suggest modifications to existing practices that could increase membership sales.
- Promote the Chamber brand, products and services and to act as an ambassador for the Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce in implementing the core values and culture.
- Proven experience (minimum 2 years) in a sales role ideally gained in a membership or B2B environment.
- Self-starter working with minimal supervision.
- Sales process knowledge and able to close a deal.
- Commercially astute with ability to quickly understand a new business / sector and the challenges and opportunities they have.
- Ability to analyse own performance, understanding trends and forecasting the future.
- Self-confident, can do attitude, strong networking ability and public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to present and communicate at all levels and environments.
- A broad understanding of SME business needs and the issues they face.
- A good understanding of the nature of business with Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield.
- Computer literate with understanding of CRM systems.
- Well organised and a good time keeper.
- Driving licence and use of car essential.
- Good educational background with at least Maths and English GSCE.
- Knowledge of Chamber ethos or membership based organisations would be advantageous.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience, and would like to play a key role in a growing organisation, then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your covering letter explaining how you fit our requirements along with your CV to Rebecca Walker via email@example.com by no later than midday Monday 17th October.